Stain search engine
Remove coffee stain from upholstery
Solution for your Coffee stain
You would like a solution for your coffee stain or perhaps you have one of the related stains: coffee, nespresso, latte, espresso, capucchino, caffè latte. Your upholstery floor must of course look spotless again soon! Don't panic, our solutions will assist you and ensure that you will get your upholstery floor in top condition again; and keep it that way.
What is very important: do not use home-garden-and-kitchen remedies on your upholstery floor! These have not been tested and are certainly not specially formulated for your upholstery floor. Did you know that many manufacturers actively recommend the use of James products on their materials? In collaboration with those manufacturers, we test their material in our laboratory in order to offer you the best possible solution. Quickly find out the best solution for your Coffee, Nespresso, Latte, Espresso, Capucchino, Caffè Latte stains and which product you might need for that!
Solution for your coffee stain on upholstery
A coffee stain? Don’t worry, in most cases no problem at all! By following the instructions below, most coffee, cappuccino, espresso and caffè latte stains can be safely removed. Even coffee with milk and sugar is mostly no problem for our method and product.
However, there might be one problem with a coffee stain, and as you already know, it is not the milk or sugar. Coffee is a hot product. When it falls onto your carpet or upholstery when it has just been poured, the temperature might very well exceed 65°C. At such a high temperature, the colour might fixate into the yarn, increasing the chances of it not being able to be completely removed. But… always give it a try using the instructions below for a safe and effective treatment of coffee stains that does not damage your carpet or upholstery!
Treatment of fresh stains
Immediate treatment with water
This stain can be treated immediately with water. For this you need a white, cotton cloth and water. Then follow these steps:
- First remove, as far as possible, any loose substances using a spoon.
- Immediately hold a white cotton cloth under the cold tap, wring it out and place it flat on the stain.
- Leave the cotton cloth in place to dry completely, no peeking. Should the cloth become saturated, replace it with a fresh one as described above. Then leave the cloth until it is completely dry.
Treatment of dried stains
Treat with James Stainwonder (*furniture fabrics)
This stain can be treated with James Stainwonder. Always test for colour fastness and material perpetuation in an inconspicuous area: apply, let it dry and evaluate.
- Allow the surface to dry completely.
- Apply James Stainwonder on the dry stain by holding the bottle upside down, placing the opening of the bottle on the stain and then treat the entire stain. Spread a little James Stainwonder on a clean, dry cotton cloth towel and use it to cover the stain. This is to prevent circles from appearing after drying.
- The product works for 12 hours, so the effect does not have to be immediate. Do not remove the cotton cloth until it is dry to see the result.*
- Is the stain not completely gone after treatment, but it has improved? You may repeat the treatment.
* With wool: in the vast majority of cases James Stainwonder does not cause any discolouration. You have already established this by testing the product in an inconspicuous area as described above. In that case, you do not need to carry out the following step. If there is a (slight) discolouration, neutralise James Stainwonder with water as soon as the stain has disappeared (to do this, however, lift the cotton cloth in between to be able to assess whether the stain has already disappeared). In this case, immediately place another damp cotton cloth on the spot where the stain was and let it dry.