Stain search engine
Remove coffee stain from carpet or rug
Solution for your Coffee stain
You would like a solution for your coffee stain or perhaps you have one of the related stains: coffee, nespresso, latte, espresso, capucchino, caffè latte. Your carpet or rug must of course look spotless again soon! Don't panic, our solutions will assist you and ensure that you will get your carpet or rug in top condition again; and keep it that way.
What is very important: do not use home-garden-and-kitchen remedies on your carpet or rug! These have not been tested and are certainly not specially formulated for your carpet or rug. Did you know that many manufacturers actively recommend the use of James products on their materials? In collaboration with those manufacturers, we test their material in our laboratory in order to offer you the best possible solution. Quickly find out the best solution for your Coffee, Nespresso, Latte, Espresso, Capucchino, Caffè Latte stains and which product you might need for that!
Solution for your coffee stain on carpet or rug
A coffee stain? Don’t worry, in most cases no problem at all! By following the instructions below, most coffee, cappuccino, espresso and caffè latte stains can be safely removed. Even coffee with milk and sugar is mostly no problem for our method and product.
However, there might be one problem with a coffee stain, and as you already know, it is not the milk or sugar. Coffee is a hot product. When it falls onto your carpet or upholstery when it has just been poured, the temperature might very well exceed 65°C. At such a high temperature, the colour might fixate into the yarn, increasing the chances of it not being able to be completely removed. But… always give it a try using the instructions below for a safe and effective treatment of coffee stains that does not damage your carpet or upholstery!
Treatment of fresh stains
Immediate treatment with water
This stain can be treated immediately with water. For this you need a white, cotton cloth and water. Then follow these steps:
- First remove, as far as possible, any loose substances using a spoon.
- Immediately hold a white cotton cloth under the cold tap, wring it out and place it flat on the stain.
- Leave the cotton cloth in place to dry completely, no peeking. Should the cloth become saturated, replace it with a fresh one as described above. Then leave the cloth until it is completely dry.
Treatment of dried stains
Treat with James Stainwonder
This stain can be treated with James Stainwonder. All you need is a bottle of James Stainwonder!
- Test for colour and material resistance in an inconspicuous area: apply, let it dry completely and evaluate.
- Allow the surface to dry completely.
- Apply James Stainwonder on the dry stain by holding the bottle upside down, placing the opening of the bottle on the stain and then treat the entire stain.
- The product works for 12 hours, so the effect does not have to be visible immediately.*
- Is the stain not completely gone after treatment, but it has improved? You may repeat the treatment.
* With wool: in the vast majority of cases, James Stainwonder does not cause any discolouration. You have already established this by testing the product in an inconspicuous area as described above. In that case, you do not need to carry out the following step. If a (slight) discolouration did occur, you should neutralise James Stainwonder as soon as the stain has disappeared. In this case, immediately place a damp cotton cloth on the spot where the stain was and let it dry.